- CERTI home
- About CERTI
- Academic Integrity Resources
- Educational Research
- Resources for New Faculty
- Teaching Resources from Archived Events
- Teaching Support
- Links to Related Resources
- Information about Missouri S&T
CERTI is the Missouri University of Science and Technology's faculty development center for teaching and learning.
The CERTI office is located in 207 Norwood Hall on the Missouri S&T campus. Diane Hagni is the coordinator of the program, which is under the leadership of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Jeff Cawlfield. Email or call 573-341-7648 to reach the CERTI office. Mailing address: CERTI, 207 Norwood Hall, 320 W. 12th St., Rolla, MO 65409-1510.
CERTI's mission is to foster faculty contribution to the continual improvement of the Missouri S&T's learning environment through programs that emphasize collaborative, experiential and technology-enhanced teaching as well as educational research.
CERTI's core philosophy:
- The quality of learning environment is dependent on the quality of course design and teacher-student interactions.
- The integration of collaborative, experiential, and technology-enhanced teaching methodologies coupled with effective assessment techniques are powerful tools in the quest for improvement of learning outcomes.
- Faculty ownership and contribution are key elements in facilitating an institutional adoption of educational best practices.
The CERTI Group meets weekly to discuss teaching and learning issues that affect faculty. If you would like to attend, contact Diane Hagni, x7648.
CERTI operates under the auspices of the Office of Undergraduate Studies, which has the primary charge of addressing issues in teacher development and student engagement in order to improve the campus' learning environment and the learning outcomes of students.