- CERTI home
- About CERTI
- Academic Integrity Resources
- Educational Research
- Resources for New Faculty
- Teaching Resources from Archived Events
- Teaching Support
- Links to Related Resources
- Information about Missouri S&T
CERTI is the Missouri University of Science and Technology's faculty development center for teaching and learning.
The CERTI office is located in 207 Norwood Hall on the Missouri S&T campus. Diane Hagni is the coordinator of the program, which is under the leadership of the Vice Provost for Academic Support, Dr. Jeff Cawlfield. Email or call 573-341-7648 to reach the CERTI office. Mailing address: CERTI, 207 Norwood Hall, 320 W. 12th St., Rolla, MO 65409-1510.
CERTI's mission is to foster faculty contribution to the continual improvement of the Missouri S&T's learning environment through programs that emphasize collaborative, experiential and technology-enhanced teaching as well as educational research.
CERTI's core philosophy:
- The quality of learning environment is dependent on the quality of course design and teacher-student interactions.
- The integration of collaborative, experiential, and technology-enhanced teaching methodologies coupled with effective assessment techniques are powerful tools in the quest for improvement of learning outcomes.
- Faculty ownership and contribution are key elements in facilitating an institutional adoption of educational best practices.